MVPindex, Inc. is the first Social Media Index for Sports and Entertainment. We have a created a deep data company that ranks, measures, and values social content from sports, celebrities, and brands in near real-time. We’re building the next version of our data and analytics platform with more powerful data visualization, machine learning, and intelligent filtering for our clients who include top professional sports franchises, global media, and Fortune 500 brands. In 2018, MVPindex merged with Umbel.
The Data Quality Specialist Role is based in downtown Dallas, TX and is an entry level, full-time position in one of the fastest growing social companies in the analytics space, with room for growth. We’re looking for outgoing, positive, self-driven candidates with high initiative, problem solving skills, and personal accountability to join our Data & Insights Team.
If you’re interested in sports marketing, sports management, data or just love organizing piles of information, and you’re also passionate about Sports or Entertainment, this could be the perfect fit for you.
What You Must Do To Be Successful In This Position:
- Curate lists of entities, in coordination with the Production team, in Sports, Entertainment, or other fields including athletes, teams, leagues, musicians, actors, films, tv shows, politicians, brands, events, etc and gather their appropriate social media handles and attributes
- Structure the database hierarchy and associations between entities, such as athletes and brand endorsements, films and directors, music labels and artists, etc.
- Perform quality assurance checks within the existing database to address changes in social handles, roster changes, new roles or associations, active or retired status, etc. Report system issues and anomalies to the Data Quality Manager.
What Skills We'd Like You To Have:
- Bachelor's degree or applicable work experience
- Knowledge of social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Twitch, YouTube, and many other platforms
- Sports and/or Entertainment knowledge, interest, or experience
- Ability to use Excel and Google Sheets. Advanced Excel skills are a plus
- Basic knowledge or moderate experience with content management systems Affinity for organizing data and information in ways that are logical and useful
- Strong organization and communication
- Extremely detail oriented
What You Will Get Out Of It:
- A team of talented, hard-working colleagues
- The opportunity to invent new solutions, grow your career and enhance your skill set
- Option for 100% employer-paid health insurance
- The ability to learn and grow from technology innovators and disruptors
- An incredible office location in downtown Dallas, parking included