At Umbel, we believe that data is the most valuable asset a business can own. With the Umbel data management platform, some of the most recognizable names in sports and entertainment access, acquire, activate and analyze their customer data to increase engagement, revenue and loyalty. Founded in 2010, Umbel is headquartered in Austin, Texas.
We are looking for a Digital Campaign Specialist to assist in managing and executing online advertising campaigns on behalf of our clients. The Digital Campaign Specialist will support Umbel’s Digital Media Services team in their work with our portfolio of sports, entertainment and nonprofit client. An ideal candidate possesses strong analytical and project management skills, backed by a tireless work ethic and a detail-oriented approach to tasks. Experience running Facebook advertising campaigns is required.
- Assist in the research, execution, optimization, reporting, and analysis for cross-channel digital advertising campaigns.
- Prepare and coordinate execution of insertion orders, and other invoicing processes.
- Work with internal and external teams to develop and assemble campaign creative assets including consultation on digital ad creative best practices.
- Monitor and optimize the effectiveness of multiple ad campaigns across several clients and channels.
- Assist with monthly billing process; reconcile billing discrepancies to ensure accurate record keeping.
- Create and manage reports analyzing campaign activity and opportunities for optimization.
- Work quickly and efficiently within a fast-paced, highly-energized team setting.
- Provide ideas and feedback to help continuously improve our team’s processes.
What you must have
- Pre-existing knowledge of the digital advertising planning and buying landscape, with a focus on Facebook advertising.
- A strong desire to work in an enthusiastic team environment.
- Ambition and optimism, offset with realism. We are an ambitious startup with big goals. We take big chances and know that optimism and perseverance are the keys to wild success — and we are tested on that daily. If this excites you, great. If uncertainty is uncomfortable, this might not be the right place for you.
- Curiosity backed by execution. This is a tech startup, and you should be prepared to geek out on the intricacies of big data. There’s a lot to learn and define, and you will naturally need to be obsessed with staying ahead of the curve. But it doesn’t stop there. You must leverage that learning and turn it into creating amazing experiences both inside and outside of Umbel.
- Motivation and determination. Exciting — and daunting — challenges face us every day at Umbel. We excel in the pursuit of challenging goals. Umbel is looking for fighters, who go to bed and wake up each day with a fire in the belly.
- 1+ years professional experience in digital advertising
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, or related field
- Proficiency in planning digital media campaigns, with an emphasis on paid social platforms; experience executing paid campaigns on Facebook is required, Google Adwords, Twitter and LinkedIn are a plus
- Strong project management skills with the ability to seamlessly manage multiple different tasks at one time
- Excellent time management skills and a get-it-done attitude
- Keen attention to detail; you proofread your grocery lists...twice.
- Proficient Excel skills, formulas, pivot tables, etc.
- Aptitude to translate complexity into simple and intuitive communications; outstanding written and oral communications skills
- Interest in data and associated benefits of leveraging data in marketing activities
- Ability to thrive in high-energy, fast-paced environment
Benefits of Working at Umbel
- 100% employer paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc.)
- A supportive, challenging and fun team environment
- Awesome office location in downtown Austin
- The ability to grow your career and skill set
- Competitive compensation including cash, sales commissions and stock options
- A company that is young, agile and responsive to great ideas