Umbel is seeking an Implementation Engineer to work with clients through the duration of their relationship with Umbel and provide world class technical expertise at every stage of the client journey. We believe in providing a seamless experience to our clients, from the first point of contact, through the sales and implementation process and beyond.
What is Umbel?
Umbel is a high-energy, fast-growing startup based in Austin, Texas. We empower some of the most progressive names in sports, media and entertainment to securely collect first-party customer data and combine it with existing data from multiple sources for a complete view of their customers and fans. These insights fuel fuel ticket sales, sponsorship, fan engagement and more.
What You Must Have
- Cultural fit and eternal optimism. We are an ambitious startup setting out to lead a revolution. We fearlessly take big chances and know that optimism and perseverance are the keys to wild success — and we are tested on that daily. If this excites you, read on. If it makes you feel queasy, skip to the next company.
- Curiosity backed by execution. This is a tech startup, and you should be prepared to geek out on the intricacies of big data or the nuances of co-ownership of data rights. There’s a lot to learn and define, and you will naturally need to be obsessed with staying ahead of the curve. But it doesn’t stop there. You must leverage that learning and turn it into creating amazing experiences both inside and outside of Umbel.
- Motivation and determination. Exciting — and daunting — challenges face us every day at Umbel. We excel in the pursuit of challenging goals because we are intrinsically motivated to change the world and are determined to overcome any setbacks or obstacles on our way there. Umbel is looking for fighters, who go to bed and wake up each day with a fire in the belly.
What You Must Do To Be Successful In This Position
- Own the data-in and data-out processing of the core application
- Implement integrations to client data sources and third party APIs
- Manage imports from goal setting with clients, to definition and through to completion
- Coordinate with Product and the Backend team to assure data flows are running properly
- Work closely with our clients and our Sales and Client Success teams via phone, email and in person
- Have a high attention to detail and the desire to find and make improvements
- Love working with a team of fast-paced, highly motivated individuals
- Think outside the box to help integrate new and different technologies
- Find creative solutions to achieve client goals
What Skills & Experience We’d Like You To Have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related major, or 1 to 3 years of relevant experience
- Experience in implementation or sales engineering, or client services
- Experience with Object Oriented programming, preferably Python
- Web programming experience with related technologies (HTTP, cookies/sessions, REST)
- Familiarity with server-side technologies such as Django/Python (or Ruby on Rails) or similar
- Familiarity with third-party authentication protocols like OAuth
- Strong troubleshooting skills using industry-accepted best-practices and tools
- Experience with creating Unit and Integration tests for interacting with third party APIs
- Positive, self-starter attitude and desire to exceed client expectations at every opportunity
- The ability to juggle multiple projects at one time while maintaining high quality output
- Proven ability to adapt your message to the technical level of the audience and comfort presenting technical materials to groups of any size and background
What You Will Get Out Of It
- A team of talented, hard-working colleagues
- The opportunity to invent new solutions, grow your career and enhance your skill set
- 100% employer-paid health insurance premiums (medical, dental & vision)
- Unlimited paid vacation policy
- Competitive compensation (including stock options)
- The ability to learn and grow from technology innovators and disruptors
- An incredible office location in downtown Austin with on-site parking included