At Umbel, we believe that data is the most valuable asset a business can own. With the Umbel data management platform, some of the most recognizable names in sports and entertainment access, acquire, activate and analyze their customer data to increase engagement, revenue and loyalty. Founded in 2010, Umbel is headquartered in Austin, Texas.
We are seeking a gritty, ambitious relationship builder who can quickly connect with and pursue the thousands of sports, media and entertainment prospects who need our solution. As a Market Strategist, you’ll be turning prospects into meetings, cultivating relationships and generating demand for our data management platform. In this role, you will be supporting our team of Sales Directors and reporting to the VP of Sales.
What You Must Have:
- Ambition and optimism, offset with realism. We are an ambitious startup with big goals. We take big chances and know that optimism and perseverance are the keys to wild success — and we are tested on that daily. If this excites you, great. If uncertainty is uncomfortable, this might not be the right place for you.
- Curiosity backed by execution. This is a tech startup, and you should be prepared to geek out on the intricacies of big data. There’s a lot to learn and define, and you will naturally need to be obsessed with staying ahead of the curve. But it doesn’t stop there. You must leverage that learning and turn it into creating amazing experiences both inside and outside of Umbel.
- Motivation and determination. Exciting — and daunting — challenges face us every day at Umbel. We excel in the pursuit of challenging goals. Umbel is looking for fighters, who go to bed and wake up each day with a fire in the belly.
What You Must Do To Be Successful In This Position:
- Planing, formulating, and articulating the core value propositions of Umbel through presentations, demos and pitches
- Working cross-functionally with sales, marketing and business development as needed
- Building and maintaining internal databases of sales opportunities
- Managing and utilizing Salesforce to keep stakeholders updated on sales progress
- Working with industry partners to elevate Umbel's offerings
- Proactively pitching ideas and concepts to bring to market
- Establishing relationships via email and phone with senior executives
- Researching companies, identifying key players, generating interest and developing relationships to stimulate opportunities
- Initiating projects to improve efficiency in current sales processes
- Supporting the sales team with presentations and data tracking
What Skills & Experience We’d Like You To Have:
- BA/BS degree from a four-year institution
- Self-starter attitude with a track record of successful, credible lead follow-up and sales development
- Familiarity and preferably experience working with sports, media and entertainment organizations
- 2+ years experience in business development and/or sales as a top 10% performer
- Expert in selling an early-stage product in a new industry (with a proven need) is a plus
- Excellent, persuasive communication abilities (verbal, written and visual)
- Attention to detail, focus, self-discipline, and perseverance
- A genuine desire and aptitude to learn new paradigms and online tools quickly
- Ability to work in a high-energy sales team environment; team player
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills
- Strong work-ethic, extremely proactive with a bias for action
- Proficiency in Salesforce, Google Drive/Docs, MS Office and Keynote
What You Will Get Out Of It:
- A team of talented, hard-working colleagues
- The opportunity to invent new solutions, grow your career and enhance your skill set
- 100% employer-paid health insurance premiums (medical, dental & vision)
- Unlimited paid vacation policy
- Competitive compensation including cash and stock options
- Monthly fitness activity reimbursement and provided health tracking technology
- Community involvement
- The ability to learn and grow from technology innovators and disruptors
- An incredible office location in downtown Austin with on-site parking included