Umbel is a high-energy, fast-growing startup based in Austin, Texas. We help companies securely collect first-party customer data and combine it with existing data from multiple sources to provide a complete view of their customers. We empower some of the most progressive names in sports, media and entertainment companies to build thriving, sustainable businesses. With the Umbel platform, companies can understand and build relationships with their customers in a way that has never before been possible. We are a team of agile, boundary-pushing problem-solvers who love to invent and improve and we’re on the search for a top-notch Product Manager to join our Product team and help us elevate our product to the next level.
What You Must Have:
- Cultural fit and eternal optimism. We’re an ambitious startup setting out to lead a revolution. We fearlessly take big chances and we know optimism and perseverance are key to wild success. If this excites you, read on. If it makes you feel queasy, skip to the next company.
- Curiosity backed by execution. We are tech-obsessed tinkerers, so you should be prepared to geek out on the intricacies of big data and the nuances of co-ownership of data rights. There’s a lot to learn and define, and you will naturally need to be obsessed with staying ahead of the curve. You must leverage that learning and turn it into creating amazing experiences both inside and outside of Umbel.
- Motivation and determination. Exciting — and daunting — challenges face us every day at Umbel. We excel in the pursuit of challenging goals because we are intrinsically motivated to change the world and are determined to overcome any setbacks or obstacles on our way there. Umbel is looking for fighters, who wake up each day with a fire in the belly.
Keys to Success:
You strive to understand the needs and problems of end users. You’re part analyst, part translator and part do-er. You are a rockstar at documenting business requirements, user goals and functional requirements; user stories, user flows, and functional specifications are your space jam.
In this role, you’ll work closely with internal and external stakeholders to identify key business questions and conduct appropriate analysis with the goal of helping to shape our reporting strategy and product roadmap. You’ll work closely with our Marketing, Client Services, and Digital Media teams to ensure critical sales and marketing information is surfaced appropriately and accurately in the platform. You’ll see your concepts from ideation, development and beyond; you’ll even roll-up your sleeves to test new features as needed. You’ll work with Marketing to prepare a GTM schedule for new features, conduct user training and gather client feedback (always). You live to showcase ROI for clients and get excited when you find an opportunity to help them reach their audiences most effectively; whether that’s helping a sports team sell more tickets or enabling a festival to create an authentic and engaging brand experience for a sponsor. Your secret sauce is showcasing marketing campaigns’ ROI in a simple and thoughtful way. Your love for data is explicit and you strive to show others how to use data to inform decision making.
The fine print:
- Have a clear understanding of technical product management principles.
- 3+ years experience in product management or related work experience in a Software company, Startup or SaaS environment.
- Proficiency working in an agile environment.
- Leverage your experience to drive the development of our data platform.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Comfortable at the intersection between User experience, Technology and Business.
- You’re thorough, conscientious and obsessed with optimizing a product to achieve the business goals while maximizing return on investment.
- Partner closely with Engineering to ensure we’re building the right things in a timely fashion.
- Contribute to the definition, prioritization, and execution of the Product roadmap.
- Operate efficiently and effectively given limited oversight.
Skills & Experience We’d Like You To Have:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in Engineering, Computer Science or Marketing.
- Experience with SaaS/web applications
- Experience with APIs and integrations between platforms
- Experience in marketing technology, digital advertising, or data management
- Experience with BI tools (i.e. Tableau, Google Analytics, QlikView, etc.)
- Familiarity with look-a-like and propensity to churn data models and applications
- Familiarity with JIRA or similar ticketing systems and Agile software development
- An interest in Sports & Entertainment a plus!
What You Will Get Out Of It:
- A team of talented, hard-working colleagues that will become lifelong friends
- The opportunity to invent new solutions, grow your career and enhance your skill set
- 100% employer-paid health insurance premiums (medical, dental & vision)
- Unlimited paid vacation policy
- Competitive compensation including cash and stock options
- Unlimited snacks and coffee
- Fitness perks
- The ability to learn and grow from technology innovators and disruptors
- An incredible office location in downtown Austin with on-site parking included