At Umbel, we believe that data is the most valuable asset a business can own. With the Umbel data management platform, some of the most recognizable names in sports and entertainment access, acquire, activate and analyze their customer data to increase engagement, revenue and loyalty. Founded in 2010, Umbel is headquartered in Austin, Texas.
We are looking for a Digital Media Planner to lead data-driven strategy and execution of paid digital advertising campaigns on behalf of our clients. The Digital Media Planner will work directly with Umbel’s portfolio of sports, entertainment and nonprofit clients in collaboration with internal disciplines to develop strategic media solutions backed by data insights leveraged through expert use of the Umbel platform. This is a hands-on role that requires involvement from big picture strategy through planning, execution and reporting of all campaigns. It requires both strong analytical skills and creative thinking, backed by a tireless work ethic and a passion for the ever-evolving media and technology landscapes.
- Lead the strategic direction and planning of online ad campaigns for 10-15 key accounts, in order to help Umbel clients achieve their business and revenue goals.
- Formulate, write and present campaign/media recommendations including budget allocation and media flighting to meet a variety of performance goals, including but not limited to: data acquisition, awareness, lead generation, direct response, and more.
- Manage the research, execution, optimization, reporting, and analysis for cross-channel digital advertising campaigns.
- Monitor, analyze and report on campaign results and make regular recommendations on how to optimize campaign performance.
- Investigate creative, innovative approaches to reach each client’s unique target consumer through the the leveraging of first-party data insights via the Umbel platform as well as knowledge of industry trends and best practices, and regularly present those recommendations to clients.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships across internal Umbel teams as well as with a portfolio of client contacts that will range from mid-level marketing professionals all the way to C-level executives.
- Assist with monthly billing process; reconcile billing discrepancies and process invoices for payment.
- Prepare client-facing documents including flow charts, insertion orders
- Work quickly and efficiently within a fast-paced, highly-energized team setting
- Provide ideas and feedback to help continuously improve our team’s processes
What you must have:
- A strong desire to work in an enthusiastic team environment.
- Ambition and optimism, offset with realism. We are an ambitious startup with big goals. We take big chances and know that optimism and perseverance are the keys to wild success — and we are tested on that daily. If this excites you, great. If uncertainty is uncomfortable, this might not be the right place for you.
- Curiosity backed by execution. This is a tech startup, and you should be prepared to geek out on the intricacies of big data. There’s a lot to learn and define, and you will naturally need to be obsessed with staying ahead of the curve. But it doesn’t stop there. You must leverage that learning and turn it into creating amazing experiences both inside and outside of Umbel.
- Motivation and determination. Exciting — and daunting — challenges face us every day at Umbel. We excel in the pursuit of challenging goals. Umbel is looking for fighters, who go to bed and wake up each day with a fire in the belly.
- 3+ years professional experience in digital media planning
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, or related field
- Strong background in planning digital media campaigns, with an emphasis on paid social platforms; experience executing paid campaigns on Facebook is required, Google Adwords, Twitter and LinkedIn are a plus
- Deep understanding of media metrics, digital media testing methodology and optimization strategies
- At least 2 years experience in a client-facing role; can deliver recommendations and presentations with confidence backed by logic
- Strong project management skills with the ability to seamlessly manage multiple different tasks at one time
- Excellent time management skills and a get-it-done attitude
- Keen attention to detail; you proofread your grocery lists...twice.
- Advanced Excel skills, formulas, pivot tables, etc.
- Ability to balance analytical and creative thought; you love telling stories through compelling imagery backed by metrics
- Aptitude to translate complexity into simple and intuitive communications; outstanding written and oral communications skills
- High interest in data and associated benefits of leveraging data in marketing activities
- Ability to thrive in high-energy, fast-paced environment
Benefits of Working at Umbel:
- 100% employer paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc.)
- A supportive, challenging and fun team environment
- Awesome office location in downtown Austin
- The ability to grow your career and skill set
- Competitive compensation including cash, sales commissions and stock options
- A company that is young, agile and responsive to great ideas