You. An experienced SaaS product marketing expert with a deep understanding of the customer and the market who excels at being able to work with all parts of an organization (sales, marketing, product). You’re technically curious and analytical. You love marketing and you love technology. You love data even more. You belong at Umbel.
As a Director of Product Marketing at Umbel, you will own the voice of the customer in the definition of the product vision, roadmap, and go-to-market strategy. Critical to your success is a detail-oriented, customer-minded and market-attuned passion for identifying the right features, packaging, pricing to make Umbel highly competitive. In your role as a Director of Product Marketing, you’ll lead a product marketing team that establishes a market-aware, customer-focused and highly competitive mindset at Umbel. You will direct the approach for identifying and serving “the ideal customer” and will enable the product management, sales and client service functions. Working in lockstep with Product Management to craft a market-informed roadmap, you will own the success of the product in the market by developing go-to-market strategy, messaging and positioning in our dedicated verticals, and will collaborate with the demand generation team to conceive and develop innovative marketing programs that accelerate growth and cultivate retention. You will craft the messaging and positioning for products. You'll conceive and develop innovative marketing programs that accelerate growth and cultivate retention. Attention to detail and an eye for quality along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits are table stakes.
- Develop a differentiated go-to-market strategy and execution approach for the positioning, packaging, promotion and pricing for our products.
- Lead, coach and inspire a product marketing team for Umbel platform and services. Support risks, prioritize proactively, and cultivate best-in-class product marketing.
- Delivering market intelligence on our buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria
- Lead the sales enablement strategy for and deliverables for Umbel. Be a reliable, thoughtful, and effective source for strategies and tactics to support sales.
- Cultivate a market-aware and competitive knowledge and mindset at Umbel, pushing us to stay us several steps ahead of the competition. Be the expert on our competition and how to crush them.
- Serve as an evangelist for our products through thought leadership and blogging, social media, and speaking.
- Work with Product Management, Client Services and Sales to ensure a consistent feedback loop on needs and opportunities gleaned from the market.
Skills Requirements: As a Director of Product Marketing, you must possess the following skills:
- A deep level of product marketing experience in technology combined with a passion for the solutions that drive innovation and solve real-world customer problems.
- 10+ years experience leading marketing initiatives for innovative B2B SaaS software products.
- Deep knowledge of sports & entertainment markets preferred.
- Strong project/program management skills and experience.
- A balance of analytical and creative thinking -- able to drive decisions with data AND influence internally with relevant and compelling value propositions, customer segmentations, market insights and benefits messaging.
- A highly collaborative and motivated leader and influencer who is able to get the best from cross functional teams.
- A multi-tasker, comfortable juggling multiple projects with several moving parts at once.
- Build and coach to high-performance a team of two product marketers.
- Demonstrated success in developing messaging, positioning, and materials supporting products and product vision.
- Experience marketing SaaS or cloud based offerings is preferable
- Experience in marketing technology and/or sports and entertainment markets is preferable--and an appetite to always be learning. These are fast moving spaces!
- An unflagging curiosity, commitment and care for our customers wants, needs, aspirations and goals.
- Start-up experience is preferable
Benefits of Working at Umbel
- 100% employer paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc.)
- A supportive, challenging and fun team environment
- Awesome office location in downtown Austin
- The ability to grow your career and skill set
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- A company that is young, agile and responsive to great ideas