Umbel is a high-energy, fast-growing startup based in Austin, Texas. We help companies securely collect first-party customer data and combine it with existing data from multiple sources to provide a complete view of their customers. We empower some of the most progressive names in sports, media and entertainment companies to build thriving, sustainable businesses. With the Umbel platform, companies can understand and build relationships with their customers in a way that has never before been possible.
We are looking for our next Client Partner to own and manage Umbel relationships across a portfolio of high-profile clients. This is a highly consultative role that requires strategic planning, project management and data analysis skills to power unique and valuable client strategies. Successful Client Partners at Umbel are measured by their ability to demonstrating the value of Umbel, and leverage this value to build long-term client relationships.
What You Must Have:
- Ambition and optimism, offset with realism. We are an ambitious startup with big goals. We take big chances and know that optimism and perseverance are the keys to wild success — and we are tested on that daily. If this excites you, great. If uncertainty is uncomfortable, this might not be the right place for you.
- Curiosity backed by execution. This is a tech startup, and you should be prepared to geek out on the intricacies of big data. There’s a lot to learn and define, and you will naturally need to be obsessed with staying ahead of the curve. But it doesn’t stop there. You must leverage that learning and turn it into creating amazing experiences both inside and outside of Umbel.
- Motivation and determination. Exciting — and daunting — challenges face us every day at Umbel. We excel in the pursuit of challenging goals. Umbel is looking for fighters, who go to bed and wake up each day with a fire in the belly.
What You Must Do To Be Successful In This Position:
- Own and grow high profile, complex client relationships through phone, web meetings, email and onsite travel
- Prove and defend the value of Umbel investment by aligning ROI measurement to client’s marketing strategies
- Deliver consistently high quality work that creates a great client experience and promotes long-term retention
- Be an internal advocate for client needs to help capture and capitalize on feedback to drive improvement
What Skills & Experience We’d Like You To Have:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years work experience in client services/account management role
- Direct account/portfolio management experience including, strategy development, account planning, execution management, and renewals & retention
- Demonstrated relationship-building skills with senior level executives
- Ability to think analytically towards client data and marketing results
- Familiarity with email and/or digital marketing processes, as well as data analysis
- Exceptional oral, written and presentation communication skills to executive audiences
- Ability to work in an autonomous, self-directed environment with a sense of urgency in solving client issues
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, team, and process-building environment
- Willingness to travel (30%)
What You Will Get Out Of It:
- A team of talented, hard-working colleagues
- The opportunity to invent new solutions, grow your career and enhance your skill set
- 100% employer-paid health insurance premiums (medical, dental & vision)
- Unlimited paid vacation policy
- Competitive compensation including cash and stock options
- Monthly gym reimbursement and provided health tracking technology
- Community involvement
- The ability to learn and grow from technology innovators and disruptors
- An incredible office location in downtown Austin with on-site parking included