Umbel is a high-energy, fast-growing startup based in Austin, Texas. We help companies securely collect first-party customer data and combine it with existing data from multiple sources to provide a complete view of their customers. We empower some of the most progressive names in sports, media and entertainment companies to build thriving, sustainable businesses. With the Umbel platform, companies can understand and build relationships with their customers in a way that has never before been possible.
We are looking for our next Sales Director to be responsible for growing Umbel's business by inspiring clients to purchase our SaaS products/services. This position will work closely with sales leadership, marketing, client services and many other teams at Umbel. As an ideal candidate, you are able to effectively manage (and sell to) an active pipeline of sales prospects, you have prior experience successfully selling to senior executives, you are able to handle multi-month sales cycles with multiple decision-makers, you have strong skills at building relationships, selling consultatively, and closing 5 to 6 figure deals, and you always keep your CRM data clean and up to date. Previous experience selling into sports, media, and/or entertainment is a plus, but not required.
What You Must Have:
- Ambition and optimism, offset with realism. We are an ambitious startup with big goals. We take big chances and know that optimism and perseverance are the keys to wild success — and we are tested on that daily. If this excites you, great. If uncertainty is uncomfortable, this might not be the right place for you.
- Curiosity backed by execution. This is a tech startup, and you should be prepared to geek out on the intricacies of big data. There’s a lot to learn and define, and you will naturally need to be obsessed with staying ahead of the curve. But it doesn’t stop there. You must leverage that learning and turn it into creating amazing experiences both inside and outside of Umbel.
- Motivation and determination. Exciting — and daunting — challenges face us every day at Umbel. We excel in the pursuit of challenging goals. Umbel is looking for fighters, who go to bed and wake up each day with a fire in the belly.
What You Must Do To Be Successful In This Position:
- Clearly articulate and sell the value proposition of Umbel to prospective clients
- Consistently meet or exceed bookings and revenue sales quotas
- Identify new business opportunities through effective, efficient and innovative means
- Manage and utilize Salesforce to keep stakeholders updated on sales progress
What Skills & Experience We’d Like You To Have:
- 5 to 7 years experience successfully selling
- History of meeting and exceeding sales goals
- Experience managing your pipeline and sales funnel
- Sports, media and entertainment background is a plus
- Interest in how data can inform critical decisions and deliver tremendous value to any process
- Proficiency in Salesforce
- Willingness to travel
What You Will Get Out Of It:
- A team of talented, hard-working colleagues
- The opportunity to invent new solutions, grow your career and enhance your skill set
- 100% employer-paid health insurance premiums (medical, dental & vision)
- Unlimited paid vacation policy
- Competitive compensation including cash and stock options
- Monthly gym reimbursement and provided health tracking technology
- Community involvement
- The ability to learn and grow from technology innovators and disruptors
- An incredible office location in downtown Austin with on-site parking included